Chicago Cubs @ Milwaukee Brewers – Series Preview (July 4-6): Overview, Game and Broadcast Info, Starting Pitchers, W2W4
The Cubs have now won two series in a row against playoff caliber teams. They took two of three from the Red Sox over the weekend thanks to quality work from the bullpen. Now they begin a difficult seven-game road trip with a holiday series in Milwaukee starting Monday.
The Brewers were struggling but have won six of their last eight to move back into first place in the National League Central. Christian Yelich has bounced back from his slow start to reach a more respectable .742 OPS. Willy Adames leads the team with 16 home runs after missing time on the injured list.
Of course, Milwaukee’s strong suit continues to be the pitching. Corbin Burnes is having another huge year and has become the ace of the staff. Josh Hader continues to be lights out in the closer role and is even a dark-horse Cy Young contender.
The Cubs have been hanging in there with quality teams of late. They have already had some success against the Brewers in 2022. Let’s see if they can keep the good times rolling on America’s birthday.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Monday, July 4 at 3:10pm CT on Marquee Sports Network
- Tuesday, July 5 at 7:10pm CT on Marquee Sports Network
- Wednesday, July 6 at 1:10pm CT on Marquee Sports Network
What to Watch For
- Patrick Wisdom has three home runs in his last four games.
- Seiya Suzuki is expected to come back starting Monday after missing a month with a finger injury.
- Hendricks has made two quality starts in a row after a pretty mediocre stretch.