Cubs @ Brewers Series Preview (September 17-19): TV and Game Info, Starting Pitchers, Insights
The Cubs dropped two of three to the Phillies in Philadelphia, including blowing a 7-0 lead on Thursday. They now head to Wisconsin for a three game set with the high-flying Brewers.
The tension permeating the rivalry between Milwaukee and Chicago the last few Septembers has made their matchups must-watch (or listen) for most of the past decade or even longer. This year, the only drama will be if the Brewers can clinch the division this weekend with a shrinking magic number that currently stands at five. Chicago will continue to look for more good signs from future contributors like the red-hot Frank Schwindel.
The Cubs will only see one of the Brewers’ three-headed pitching monster of Corbin Burnes, Freddy Peralta, and Brandon Woodruff, who are all having Cy Young caliber years. Avisaíl García leads the team with 27 homers and Willy Adames, currently on the injured list, has been a revelation since coming over from Tampa.
The Cubs obviously do not want to be the team Milwaukee clinches against. It may not really matter in the grand scheme, but it’s a fate the Cubs should try to avoid.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Friday, September 17 at 7:10pm CT on the Marquee Sports Network
- Saturday, September 18 at 6:15pm CT on FOX
- Sunday, September 19 at 12:10pm CT on the Marquee Sports Network
What to Watch For
- Burnes combined with Josh Hader to throw a no-hitter against Cleveland in his last start.
- Patrick Wisdom hit two doubles and a home run against the Phillies after a very deep slump.
- Schwindel struck out on Thursday for the first time in over 30 at-bats, a skill the Cubs have really lacked in recent years.