Cubs v. Brewers – Series Preview: Sept 15-18; TV/Game Info, Pitching Match-ups, More
The Chicago Cubs’ series against the Milwaukee Brewers comes as the Cubs are poised to clinch the National League Central division. Their magic number has been reduced to one, thanks to the Cubs winning 2-of-3 games against the Cardinals in St. Louis. A win by the Cubs tonight, or a loss by the Cardinals in their game tonight, and the division will be theirs.
I’m on my way to Wrigley Field for the game tonight. Be sure to follow my adventure traveling from Arizona to Chicago today. I’ve posted my first and second posts already. This is going to be fun, my friends!
Game times and broadcast info
- Thursday, September 15, 7:05 PM CT on CSN
- Friday, September 16, 1:20 PM CT on CSN, MLBN (out-of-market only)
- Saturday, September 17, 3:05 PM CT on WGN
- Sunday, September 18, 1:20 PM CT on ABC 7
What to watch for
- The Cubs are 10-5 against the Brewers this season. They also haven’t lost a game at Wrigley Field to them all year long, going 6-0 so far this season. If that trend holds then the Cubs will be celebrating tonight.
- Willson Contreras has found himself in a bit of a slump lately. He’s 0-for-16 over his last four games. His batting average is 40 points higher at Wrigley Field this year (.278) than away (.238) so hopefully he’ll break out against the Brewers this weekend.
- Mike Montgomery gets his fourth start for the Cubs this year in the first game of the series. The Cubs have only lost one of those four starts, his last outing, which was also his best and it was against the Brewers. He lasted five innings and gave up only two hits and one run, a solo home run. He seems to be settling in as a starter and I’m hoping he is solid again tonight, in the Cubs potential division-clinching game.